- S2 with a standard flat bamboo base.
- S6 with a 15° angled ergonomic bamboo base.
2. DOES IT REQUIRE SHARPENING OIL?
No, they are water whetstone which only requires water, you can soak the sharpening stone in the water 5-10 minutes before sharpening, and spray some water on the blade.
3. HOW TO SHARPEN A KNIFE?
- After soaking the stone for 5-10 minutes, tilt the knife at a 15-degree angle then slowly stroke the edge of the blade from heel to tip down the full length of the stone. Flip the knife over and repeat on the opposite side of the blade.
- After desired sharpness is reached, move to the next-highest grit stone and repeat step 1. If your knife is used for meat, stop at 3000# grit. If you are chopping fruits and veggies, use the 8000# grit on your blade.
- Then last step is to use the leather strop to remove any lingering metal burrs from the edge of the blade. Use the same angle as the sharpening stone. Wash the blade, dry it, and use your newly-sharpened blade!
*NOTE: Protect the stone well and avoid it falling from the height.